All football news

Jump directly to the content




OLD TRAFFORD NEWS 

Man United transfer news LIVE: Raiola’s exclusive Pogba claim, Mario Lemina wanted, Real Madrid plot £150m bid

All the latest news and gossip from the Red Devils’ summer transfer window



1 of 28



Victor Lindelof is wanted by ‘a big club’ this summer, according to the player’s agent.
The Sweden defender was one of Manchester United’s better performers in a dismal 2018/19 campaign, which saw them finish sixth in the Premier League.
Barcelona have been linked with Lindelof after missing out on Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt, who is set to join Juventus.
Hasan Cetinkaya told Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo: “There is a big club in Europe that wants him (Lindelof), but everything depends on Manchester.”


Mino Raiola insists Paul Pogba ‘has done nothing wrong’ and is hopeful the Manchester United midfielder will soon be allowed to leave Old Trafford.
In an exclusive statement released to talkSPORT’s Jim White on Tuesday, Pogba's agent, Raiola, claimed the Red Devils have been aware for a long time of the World Cup winner's desire to depart the club.
“The player [Pogba] has done nothing wrong,” said Raiola.
“He has been respectful and professional in every way.”


Manchester United new boy Daniel James has reportedly topped the club’s pre-season fitness tests.
The 21-year-old became Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first signing of the summer after joining in a £15million deal from Swansea last month.
An Old Trafford source told The Sun: “The word from Carrington is very encouraging on young James.
“He is clearly ahead of the game. He has topped all the early fitness charts. Ole was impressed with seeing him doing his own work.
“He came out top in the sprints, even the short ones, by a good margin of five or so yards.
“He did one fifty metre sprint that left team-mates five metres behind him and also maxing out the bleep test.”


Man United and Arsenal want Mario Lemina from Southampton.
The 25-year-old joined the Saints in 2017 for around £18m and the club hope to recoup the £15m they paid Juventus when they signed him.
And talkSPORT understands the Premier League giants have been in contact about him.
“He has an agreement with manager Ralph Hasenhuttl that if the right offer came in, then he would be allowed to leave,” south coast correspondent Alex Crook said.
“It hasn't worked out for him at Southampton. There is a player in there and some of his performances have been really impressive, but you can count those on one hand.
“I think Ralph Hassenhuttl, as he looks to revamp his squad, just grew frustrated, certainly in the second half of last season that he was never fit and there was a feeling among the powers that be at Southampton that he was not working as hard as he could to get fit.
“What's interesting is that when Atalanta tried to sign him last week – they wanted him on loan, but Southampton wanted to sell him and their asking price was around £15m. As you know, when Arsenal and Man United are interested that price goes up.
“United fans should be cautious, though, as you could argue they are replacing one midfielder who lacks heart in Paul Pogba with another in Lemina but if they get the one who played so well for Juventus then it could be a shrewd signing.
“It just depends where Mario's head is at.”


Manchester United have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Ajax star David Neres.
The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to Old Trafford after his stunning season for the Eredivisie champions, scoring 12 goals and providing 15 assistants.
However, the Brazil international has told the Dutch press that his future is with Ajax.


Romelu Lukaku is hoping to be an Inter Milan player by the time they face Manchester United in a pre-season friendly on July 20.
The Belgian striker has travelled with the rest of the Red Devils squad for their pre-season tour of Australia and Asia, despite waiting to leave the club.
United face Inter in Singapore later this month and, according to the Daily Mirror, Lukaku could well be in a blue and black striped shirt AGAINST his current club by then.


Real Madrid are looking to raise funds for a £150million move to sign Paul Pogba by selling James Rodriguez.
The Colombian forward is set to leave the Bernabeu this summer, having spent the last two seasons on loan at Bayern Munich.
The German champions had the option to sign the 27-year-old after his loan stay, but decided not to.
Napoli are interested in Rodriguez – who is valued at €42million – and Marca claim their sporting director is in Madrid to finalise a deal.
And the Daily Mail claim Real will use those funds to go towards a mega-money move to bring Pogba to Spain.


Manchester United are among the clubs reportedly interested in Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.
The 24-year-old is regarded as a flop at Stamford Bridge having failed to prove value for money since his £40m arrival from Monaco.
He was sent to AC Milan on loan by Maurizio Sarri last season, but has now returned to London for pre-season where he may get a fresh chance under new boss Frank Lampard.
But, according to RMC Sport, Man United, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain are said to be interested in signing the France international this summer.


Paul Pogba appeared to be involved in an altercation with Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard during the club's pre-season tour.
The Frenchman is heavily expected to leave Old Trafford this summer after expressing his desire for a 'new challenge', with his agent Mino Raiola also confirming the midfielder wants to go.
He has travelled to Perth with the Red Devils amid interest from Juventus and Real Madrid, but it seems the 26-year-old may have already burned bridges.
In a video shared by the Red Devils on Twitter, he can be seen exchanging heated words with close pal Lingard during a stroll through Perth.
Pogba then appears to step towards his team-mate, who looks far from pleased, before Victor Lindelof grabs hold of the Frenchman, seemingly to diffuse the situation.
Skip to 0:11 in the video below:


Former Liverpool striker Dean Saunders believes Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba should shut down his Instagram until he has retired from playing football.
Pogba, the France international, is one of the most marketable footballers in the world and his social media followings mirror such popularity, with 36.1million and 6.93million people following him on Instagram and Twitter respectively.
He is also remarkably active on social media, and has previously been criticised for his use of social media amid on-pitch struggles since returning to Old Trafford in 2016.
One of the more famous incidents involved the January 2017 release of his own emoji, which Pogba revealed on Twitter a couple of days before putting in a nightmare performance in a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.
While his agent, Mino Raiola, is speaking out about Pogba’s wish to leave Old Trafford this summer, the player himself has been cataloguing his summer trip through China, Japan and the United States on Instagram.
And Saunders, who played for Derby, Liverpool and Aston Villa throughout a 19-year career, has told Pogba to QUIT social media because of the way he uses it.


Danny Murphy has told talkSPORT he sympathises with Paul Pogba and his pre-season predicament at Manchester United – because he has been in the same position.
Pogba wants to leave Old Trafford this summer, with the World Cup winner declaring he is ready for ‘a new challenge’ after three years back in Manchester.
However, Murphy says he doesn’t blame the midfielder for going, as he has the responsibility to be ready for the season ‘wherever he is going to be’.
And he also believes manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may use the time to convince Pogba to stay.


Antonio Conte is 'desperate' to sign Romelu Lukaku this summer, according to reports.
The new Inter Milan boss was keen to sign Lukaku when he was in charge of Chelsea back in 2017, but the Belgian moved to Manchester United from Everton for £75m.
But with Marcus Rashford set to be the main man at Old Trafford next year, Lukaku is set to quit.
Inter Milan have shown Mauro Icardi and Radja Nainggolan the door this summer, and will need a replacement for Icardi in particular.
They have both been left out of tactical drills and their pre-season friendly against Lugano this week, according to Corriere dello Sport, having been deemed surplus to requirements. 
Conte wanted both Lukaku and Edin Dzeko signed by now, but both appear to be a long way off. United even turned down both Icardi and Nainggolan in part-exchange deals for the Belgian striker.


Manchester United have started their preseason tour with a record-breaking flight on a plane dubbed 'the world's most luxurious jet.'
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his squad left Manchester for Perth, Australia on Sunday on a customised Boeing 777. The flight was the longest non-stop trip to depart Manchester airport.
The Crystal Skye aircraft has been reduced from 300 seats to accommodate just 88 first-class passengers and took two years to complete.
It comes equipped with a 300-bottle wine fridge, room for an executive chef, a full bar and a restaurant that can seat 24. To charter the plane for a non-stop flight from Paris to New York costs around $500,000.


Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta insists the club will remain patient in their pursuit of Romelu Lukaku.
The Manchester United striker is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford and is expected to play second fiddle to Marcus Rashford.
As a result, a move seems likely and Inter are reportedly keen on bringing the Belgium international to the San Siro.
But Marotta insists the Serie A side will be patient in their approach.
“The transfer market is a work in progress,” the former Juventus chief said.
“We are working hard to get the best squad possible for the new season. We are ambitious and want the best team possible.
“We also must find ways to respect all financial perimeters too.
“We cannot rush things because that can lead to mistakes. We have clear ideas but we need to be patient.
“We have important goals and transfer targets in mind.”


David Neres has dismissed rumours linking him with a summer move as he declared: ‘My future is with Ajax’.
The winger was part of the side which won the Eredivisie and KNVB Cup, also reaching the Champions League semi-finals.
As a result, Neres is one of several superstars linked with moves away from the Johan Cruyff Arena this summer.
However, after Brazil beat Peru 3-1 in the Copa America final the 22-year-old, was quick to reaffirm his commitment to his current club.
Winger Neres was celebrating on the pitch at the Maracana with his Brazil team-mates before addressing the Dutch media.
“I'm having a beer because I have something to celebrate,” he told Algemeen Dagblad.
“I have to be back at Ajax on July 28. My future is with Ajax.”


Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to bring in three more signings to Manchester United this summer, according to reports.
After snapping up Daniel James from Swansea City for £15m, Solskjaer spent big to bring in Aaron Wan-Bissaka to bolster one of the most porous defences in the Premier League.
But the club have not made anymore moves since securing the £50m signing from Crystal Palace, and are awaiting to find out what the future holds for Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba.
In terms of his remaining targets, The Sun say Solskjaer still wants a centre-midfield, a defender and an attacker.
Of those United are currently chasing, Sean Longstaff, Leicester’s Harry Maguire and Sporting’s Bruno Fernandes would fit the requirements.


Manchester United have been thrown a lifeline in their pursuit of Matthijs De Ligt.
The Ajax captain is still yet to complete a move away from Amsterdam, despite being linked with lucrative moves to some of Europe's biggest clubs.
United seemed to have fallen short in their pursuit, but new reports suggest that may not be the case.
The Daily Mirror recently reported on De Ligt being worth as much as £78million as the likes of Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain pursue him.
Sky Sports, meanwhile, also recently linked him with Manchester United and Barcelona.
However, the latest from De Telegraaf is that De Ligt’s transfer to Juventus appears to have hit an impasse due to the Italian giants failing to meet Ajax’s demands for him so far.


The 2019/20 Premier League season will be the first to use Video Assistant Referee technologies – but the way it is used in the English top flight will be markedly different to the way it has been previously used.
After mixed trials in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup in 2018/19, the technology will now also be in place for league matches.
The Times claims the Premier League has set out VAR guidelines in an attempt reduce over-reliance on the technology next season, and reduce the disruption during matches. Former Premier League referee Mike Riley, who is now head of Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), told the paper that VAR use in the Premier League will be minimised to try to avoid disruption.
“Where you have to be careful is to not use VAR to re-referee the game. You have to trust the people out there on the field of play as the players do.
“What you also don’t want to do, particularly in our game, is to disrupt the intensity or the flow of the match.”


Several Manchester United players are concerned about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's methods.
The Norwegian was appointed on a full-time basis back in March after a stellar run as interim basis.
But it seems as though the club's poor finish to the end of the seasn has carried on into the new campaign, with pre-season tour of Australia reportedly going off with a few hitches.
According to Mark Ogden of ESPN, some of the club’s foreign players are concerned that Solskjaer is lacking in ‘continental expertise’ and that he put too much of an emphasis on building fitness during training sessions at Carrington last week.


Manchester United have agreed to open negotiations with Real Madrid over the sale of Paul Pogba, according to reports.
The France international is determined to leave Old Trafford this summer, with Juventus another possible destinantion.
But Los Blancos appear to have edged in front of their European rivals by getting United to begin discussions, according to Spanish outlet libertaddigital.
United want a fee of more than €150million but Madrid hope to be able to use some of their fringe players, such as Isco or Gareth Bale, as bait to bring the price down.


Leicester are closing in on the permanent signing of Youri Tielemans from Monaco, claim reports.
Leicestershire Live report that Tielemans has agreed personal terms with Leicester, but City have yet to agree a transfer fee with the French club.
Both Manchester United and Tottenham were linked with the 22-year-old, who impressed in 13 games on loan with the Foxes last season.
Sky Sports News report that Tielemans has had a medical with Leicester after he flew to Birmingham on Friday evening.
Negotiations between the clubs are understood to be ongoing with Leicester poised to break their transfer record again – just a week after paying £30million for Ayoze Perez.


Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes has his heart set on joining Manchester United and expects a move to eventually to through this summer, according to reports in Portugal via the Daily Star.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already splashed out on winger Daniel James and right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer but the United boss is expected to bring-in several more new additions after finishing sixth in the league last season.
The Norwegian coach is looking to overhaul his midfield as Marouane Fellaini left for China in the winter, Ander Herrera has joined PSG while Paul Pogba continues to be strongly linked with a move away from Old Trafford.
Fernandes has been touted as a prime target in recent months and the Mirror reported last week that his agent, Miguel Pinho, was due in England to finalise a deal after agreeing personal terms with Man Utd over the phone.
The newspaper said United were prepared to pay around £31m for Fernandes’ signature but that fell well short of Sporting Lisbon’s £53m asking price so a deal has been at deadlock with the two clubs unable to settle on a fee.


Wayne Rooney has warned Jadon Sancho against joining Manchester United this summer.
Since leaving rivals Man City for Borussia Dortmund, the 19-year-old has developed into one of the brightest talents in world football.
Naturally, after receiving his first England cap, suggestions a lucrative return to his native country.
But record Three Lions goalscorer Rooney believes a switch from Signal Iduna Park is not the correct move for the winger.
“Dortmund is a great club with great fans, they trust their young players and you can see that in Sancho and the progress he has made in the last 12 months,” Rooney told the Daily Mail.
“Now Jadon has to ask himself whether he would get the playing time he gets in Dortmund when he moves to England, or would he just sit on the bench?
“Playing time is so important for a young player like Jadon, so if he gets the most playing time in Dortmund, he should stay there.”


United will make a £30m bid for Sean Longstaff this week, according to reports.
The Newcastle United midfielder impressed in his debut season in the Premier League, becoming a dependable member of the Magpies' engine room.
According to The Times, United and Solskjaer are to offer £30m for the 21-year-old this week.
Longstaff is seen as a replacement for Paul Pogba, who is expected to complete a move to either Real Madrid or Juventus this summer.


Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is 'one step away' from completing an €80m (£72m) move to United, according to reports.
The Lazio midfielder was courted heavily by officials from Old Trafford last summer, but stayed in Serie A.
Although he endured a more difficult season in Italy, United have been linked once again with a move.
Gazzetto dello Sport claim United are preparing a bid of €75m for the player, further reports suggest a deal is much closer.
SportMediaSet believe United are 'one step away' from completing the signing of the Serbia international.
1 of 28

Comments

Popular Posts